12 August 2011

Break time

Sometimes when you want something really badly, you have to stop trying.  Today I'm at La Ferme du Villard and tomorrow I go "home" to Chambéry.  I've only been here one week and I meant to stay three, but I decided a few days ago that I needed to rest and to digest everything I've learned in order to reassess my decision to farm.  I think the biggest challenge - which has also been a gift - has simply been traveling every few months and meeting so many new people.  The greatest gift I've received has been the time and knowledge individuals have shared with me.  I've been told that my enthusiasm to learn fueled their enthusiasm to share.  The passion and welcome they show in their work has filled my heart with admiration, gratitude, humility, and empowerment, and now I'm exhausted.  So thank you, and here's to taking a break! 

No comments: