08 May 2012

Name survey

For the 100th post on this blog I'm going to put everything into question.  I'm working on marketing my cheese and company and I'd like your help, dear readers.  Please tell me what you think of the name "Our Terroir" for a cheese company.

Do you:
a) like it
b) not like it
c) feel indifferent
d) feel confused
e) other

Any feedback is appreciated.   Especially reasons for your answers.   Feel free to pass this along and/or respond to OurTerroir AT gmail DOT com.

Thanks!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

e) other

I like the "Terroir" part, but not too crazy about the "Our" part. I think I know where you're coming from, but I think it can serve as a source of unnecessary confusion ("I'm serving cheese from Our Terroir for tonight's party!") and just feels a tad too generic to me.

Marie-Laure said...

Hi Mykhaylo!

Thanks for your feedback. You've touched on some of the concerns I'm having. It's interesting also that no one I've polled has indicated that the word "terroir" is confusing or a mouth-full. Only that pairing it with an English word may lead to perceiving it as "terror." Now I don't know whether to add a French word to "terroir" or to scrap it altogether for something completely different...